Nieuws:

We zijn er weer.

Na lange tijd van afwezigheid zijn we er weer  :laugh:
We hebben alle wachtwoorden gereset, je oude wachtwoord werkt niet meer.Je moet via het "wachtwoord vergeten"-linkje je wachtwoord resetten. Je krijgt hiervoor een mailtje op het adres dat je bij ons geregistreerd hebt.

De komende tijd zijn we nog druk bezig om de rest van de site op te bouwen, dus het kan zijn dat sommige onderdelen (tijdelijk) niet werken.

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: Just a weird help question, please read  (gelezen 1438 keer)

Gran_Maestro

• Gast
Just a weird help question, please read
« Gepost op: 2007/04/26, 21:46:57 »
OK guys, first of all sorry to write this in English but I can't write in decent Dutch language as I have left the Netherlands as a kid. I can however, still read it.

I am a long time Ubuntu-linux user and live in Italy.

I have a non computer-savvy brother that lives in Weert (Limburg) and needs some support (also paid is OK) in the Weert - Eindhoven area.

He uses a  Desktop PC running Dapper dual-boot with Win XP.
I personally set-up the system last November and it has been working like a charm till a couple of days ago.

I believe something went wrong with either his h/w or the Grub boot-loader and at first Winkozz stopped booting (not a big deal.. :)) and a few days after he got stuck at the Ubuntu boot splash screen and than it freezes.

He is gone to a shop to the so-called experts but as soon as they heard there was Linux on a partition (which one they said, C, D or E?.. :P)

Well, guess what? all they know or are willing to do is wiping the hard disk and re-installing Winkozz.. very disappoint but, I guess, that's the south of Holland.. :-)

All I am really looking at present is some quick hint as to where to send him to get some assistance in his area, either a user group or a shop that is knowledgeable enough to check out what's wrong on a Linux-box.

Should be pretty simple and straight-forward

Could anybody please help us?

I am hanging now on the #Ubuntu-nl irc channel as "kinga" or can be contacted on Skype at pieterja53.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

/Pieterjan

Offline bartek

• Lid
    • http://bartek.blogsome.com
  • Steunpunt: Nee
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2007/04/26, 22:04:15 »
So you are looking for someone living near Weert to go to his place and fix the computer?
In Belgium we have a support map:
http://map.ubuntu-be.org/index.php
Since Weert is not far from the Belgium border ... try your luck ...
The dutch support map is still under construction.
| Deliberando saepe perit occasio |

"Car la vie est un bien perdu quand on n'a pas vécu comme on l'aurait voulu"

Gran_Maestro

• Gast
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 2007/04/26, 22:11:06 »
Thanks bartek,

not really what I was looking for but at least a start.
BTW, I am real surprised that as a Dutchman you need to cross the border with Belgium to get assistance on Linux. :o

But Limburg isn't really The Netherlands, is it?...

:D

/P

Offline Sander50

• Lid
    • http://www.somp.nl
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 2007/04/26, 22:18:16 »
It's just that the Dutch map is still under construction, so there's no way to know where you can get assistance.
And there are not many computershops i know of that have some knowledge and expertise with linux (at least in this area).

Gran_Maestro

• Gast
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 2007/04/26, 22:24:40 »
Well, I am most impressed, on the map you linked me to, in no time I got a couple of guys that indeed live just over the border.

I am going to mail them right now and see what happens.

Ubuntu and open source communities are really really great!

/P

Offline bartek

• Lid
    • http://bartek.blogsome.com
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 2007/04/26, 22:30:27 »
Good luck ;)
| Deliberando saepe perit occasio |

"Car la vie est un bien perdu quand on n'a pas vécu comme on l'aurait voulu"