Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: age of empires 3  (gelezen 1709 keer)

age of empires 3
« Gepost op: 2011/12/12, 15:27:44 »
steeds als ik  ages of empires probeer te installeren krijg ik de volgende error...
ik heb dit nog met geen enkel spel voor gehad...

hij zegt dat ie een dll mist op de cd...
Error loading the PID Generator DLL. The DLL could not be found! Please make sure the file is available in the installation directory and try againhttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/schermafdrukop201112121.png/

ik heb ondertussen al een oplossing gevonden...

The pidgen.dll has a 'dependacy' on the mfc42.dll - which both reside in C:\Windows\System32 DIR (or should) & in C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386

Well, on the computer that wasn't allowing me to install (one would other wouldn't) the mfc42.dll was missing from the C:\..\System32 DIR - so a simple copy & paste from the C:\Win...\Service..\i386 and it started working.

:) Thanks for offering the help on that web site also... I hope this shows up on Google and helps other people also

ook dit is gelukt.hierna begint ie met installeren ... na ongeveer 10 sec, geeft ie
Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation
consult windows installer help (Msi.chm or MsDN for more information

hierop zegt windows:To resolve this problem, do any one of the following, depending on the cause of the problem:

Install the package to a folder that is not encrypted.
    Use this method if you receive the error message because you try to install the Windows Installer package to a folder that is encrypted.
    Install the package to a drive that is not accessed as a substitute drive.
    Use this method if you receive the error message because the drive that contains the folder that you try to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.Grant Full Control permissions to the SYSTEM account. (for Windows 2000 and Windows XP only)
Use this method if you receive the error message because the SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you try to install the Windows Installer package to.

To grant Full Control permissions to the SYSTEM account, follow these steps:

On the Windows desktop, double-click My Computer. The My Computer window appears.
    Right-click the drive that you want to install the Windows Installer package to, and then click Properties.
    Click the Security tab.
    Note If you cannot find Security tab, your Simple File Sharing feature is truning on. Turn off this feature to continue.

Click here to view or hide step-by-step instructions with pictures for how to turn Simple File Sharing off
    On the Security tab, do the following:
        If you are using Microsoft Windows 2000, verify that the Name box contains the SYSTEM user account.
        If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, verify that the Group or user names box contains the SYSTEM user account.
    If the SYSTEM user account does not appear in the box, follow these steps to add the SYSTEM account to the box:
        Click Add. The Select Users or Groups dialog box appears.
        In the Name field, click SYSTEM, and then click Add.
        Click OK.
    In the Permissions section, click to select the Full Control check box under Allow, and then click Advanced.
    Do the following:
        If you are using Windows XP, in the dialog box that appears, click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box for the SYSTEM account, and then click OK.
        If you are not using Windows XP, in the dialog box that appears, click to select the Reset permissions on all child objects and enable propagation of inheritable permissions check box for the SYSTEM account, and then click OK.
    Note If you receive a security message, click Yes.
    Wait for the operating system to apply the permissions that you have selected to all child folders.
    Run the Windows Installer package.

vanaf daar snap ik het niet meer... wat moet ik hier mee doen?  :D :D
alvast bedankt
« Laatst bewerkt op: 2011/12/12, 16:05:32 door mr popo »
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
It was my girlfriend with her mechanical keyboard   --'

Re: age of empires 3
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2011/12/12, 17:33:05 »
ik wil het eens runnen in de terminal... welk commando moet ik iervoor gebruiken?
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
It was my girlfriend with her mechanical keyboard   --'

Offline Johan van Dijk

• Administrator
    • johanvandijk
Re: age of empires 3
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 2011/12/12, 18:10:05 »
Nogmaals het verzoek om je topic niet in zo'n korte tijd te kicken.
Als je iets toe wil voegen, dan kan dat door je eerste bericht te bewerken.

Crossposten (je topic in meerdere forumonderdelen posten) is ook niet de bedoeling.

Verder is dit een forum voor Ubuntu, niet voor Windows. Ik raad je aan om op een ander forum hulp te zoeken voor je problemen met Windows.