Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: PC valt uit bij ieder os, op ubuntu na  (gelezen 5380 keer)

Offline TopGear

• Forumteam
Re: PC valt uit bij ieder os, op ubuntu na
« Reactie #25 Gepost op: 2010/07/18, 13:02:31 »
Jongens, dit is een officiële Zalman berichtgeving:

Citaat van: Zalman
Dear Valued Customer,

After the release of the new P55 and X58 MB’s, we have been receiving increased compatibility inquiries with Zalman 600HP and 750HP Power Supply Units. Our R&D has gone through numerous tests and communications with the motherboard companies.

Here is a brief description of progress thus far from the beginning.

- After the X68 and P55 based MB was released, we started to receive incompatibility inquiries with 600/750HP.
Our R&D has verified that this issue is intermittent and not necessarily be happened in every X58 and 600/750HP
- We have discussed with Gigabyte and received the modified Gigabytes MB Bios and uploaded on Zalman website
- Due to no complaints with other X58 MB’s, for the time being, compatibility issue was seen as ok
- We have requested Asus to upgrade the MB Bios to fix the compatibility issue with P55 MB and 600/750HP PSU
- Because same problem could occur when the users don’t download the driver, we have improved the PSU itself
- Recently, improved version of 600/750HP have been stocked
- Any complaints should be handled case by case as some MB works fine
- Apparently all P55 MBs with energy saving feature seems to have compatibility issues with other non-Zalman PSU’s as well.

As a conclusion, it has been confirmed that there is a compatibility issue with the X58 and P55 boards. It has also been confirmed that the new Zalman 600HP and 750HP PSU’s built in 2010 has the issue resolved. Therefore, our current solution is to provide replacement through case by case with the updated PSU’s sold in the US and Canada.

For those living in the US and Canada, please go through the RMA process from ZalmanUSA.com. Please follow the below direction.

1. Package your PSU but DO NOT SEAL it.
2. Send it in through UPS GROUND and include the receipt in the box. Please include ATTN: PSU FAILURE
3. Once the product has been received, we will reimburse you for the postage amount along with the new PSU.
4. Please NOTE we cannot give you a refund.

For those who are not in the US or Canada, please contact your retailer or place of purchase for support.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Zalman USA, Inc.

So if i'm correct i need to go through the regular RMA procedure. Is there anything specific I need to mention on the problem description to make sure I get a good replacement. I no longer have the original packaging, will this cause a problem?

Wouter

(http://forum.zalmanusa.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=73&start=20)

Schandalig toch? Ik heb de dader dus gevonden. Exit zalman!

Offline nomko

• Lid
    • Ubuntu Linux Gebruiker Site
Re: PC valt uit bij ieder os, op ubuntu na
« Reactie #26 Gepost op: 2010/07/18, 13:08:09 »
Jongens, dit is een officiële Zalman berichtgeving:

Schandalig toch? Ik heb de dader dus gevonden. Exit zalman!

Hoeft je pa ook geen nieuwe 1000W voeding te regelen via zijn werk XD
Handige site voor de Ubuntu gebruiker:
https://sites.google.com/site/ubuntulinuxgebruiker
-------------------------
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQ4MzUwNDc5
-------------------------
Linux user number 515471
----------------------