Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: Touch screen  (gelezen 1420 keer)

Offline Hanssun

• Lid
Touch screen
« Gepost op: 2008/07/19, 18:24:08 »
Hallo mensen,

ik heb 1 vraag welke drivers moet je installeren om lcd touch screen van iiyama goed werkend te krijgen.

Gr Hans,

Knippenberg

• Gast
Touch screen
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2008/07/23, 14:45:45 »
Probeer eens te zoeken op Ubuntu Netbook Remix...dit is een Ubuntu varian specifiek voor touch-screen PC's/Laptops
Misschien dat in de repositories iets staat wat je kunt gebruiken?

Touch screen
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 2008/07/24, 00:37:23 »
Ìk heb wel een 2 kleine How To voor je.
Misschien helaas voor je in het engels....?

1e How to
#####################
VAIO UX17
This little sucker was supported pretty well out of the box with Ubunty Dapper Drake.

The machine was booted off a USB CD-ROM, and brought up an X desktop and the GUI Installer was run from there.

The Windows XP partition was resized, and The system installed without a hitch.

At this point, the only functionality required that was not supported was the touchscreen and WPA wireless

Touchscreen
The GUNZE touchscreen device on the VAIO was easily supported since the kernel has an input layer driver for these devices.

Initially, 'modprobe evdev' was used, but to ensure touchscreen operation upon reboot 'evdev' was added to /etc/modules. This may not even be necessary.

The touchscreen input-layer device must then be found by examining the output of 'cat /proc/bus/input/devices' - which showed the touchscreen adding events to /dev/input/event1.

If it is not clear, simply cat each of the 'eventX' devices in the /dev/input directory e.g. 'cat /dev/input/event1', while tapping the screen to see which one produces output (it will just look like garbage scrolling up your terminal window).

Once you have found the event device, you need to get a driver for X-Windows that can use the event interface. Since the event interface is actually pretty standard, more or less any touch screen driver for X that uses it will work.

The driver i used is available here:

http://ariescomputing.com/lifebook/

(I used the 1.0.1 version - the tarball contains a binary module which works fine on Xorg - just copy the usbtouch_drv.o to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/ on dapper - on other distros the X11 modules directory may be different.)

That page also has plenty of good info.

and the configuration I used is below (add the InputDevice section, and modify the ServerLayout section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier "touchscreen"
         Driver "usbtouch"
         Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
         Option "DeviceName" "touchscreen"
         Option "ReportingMode" "raw"
         Option "SendCoreEvents"
         Option "MinX" "39"
         Option "MinY" "53"
         Option "MaxX" "989"
         OPtion "MaxY" "972"
 EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier      "Default Layout"
         Screen          "Default Screen"
         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
         InputDevice     "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"
         InputDevice     "cursor" "SendCoreEvents"
         InputDevice     "eraser" "SendCoreEvents"
         InputDevice     "Synaptics Touchpad"
         InputDevice     "touchscreen" "CorePointer"
 EndSection
 The touchpad sends events nominally between 0,0 and 1000,1000, but for precise calibration, run X -verbose 9 (i ran this from an ssh session to the device from another terminal so the X display didnt obscure the debug output) and observe the values being output by the driver as you move the stylus from top-left to bottom right - note down the min/max values and tweak accordingly.

This should give a happily working touchscreen.

###########
2e How to

#########
Update, Oct 13, '03 - Touchscreen
The touchscreen now works, thanks to the efforts of Chris Bare who wrote a custom driver for the purpose. It took a little head-scratching and a few dirty reboots to get his driver installed properly, but here was the magic formula that worked for me:

Action: Add the following line to /etc/modules.conf (if this is not done, the evdev module will not be loaded when needed and you will probably have to hard-reboot):
alias /dev/input/event* evdev

Action: Copy usbtouch_drv.o from Chris's package to:

/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/usbtouch_drv.o

Action: Add the following lines to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (and remove or comment out any old attempts to get the touch screen working!):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Touch Screen"
        Driver "usbtouch"
        Option "Device"        "/dev/input/event0"
        Option "DeviceName"    "touchscreen"
        Option "ReportingMode" "scaled"
        Option "SendCoreEvents"
        Option "MinX"   "900"
        Option "MinY"  "1090"
        Option "MaxX" "16090"
        Option "MaxY" "16000"
EndSection

And make sure the ServerLayout section has the touch screen enabled:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier  "layout1"
    InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice "Clittormouse" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Touch Screen" "SendCoreEvents"
    Screen      "screen1"
EndSection

And that's it. I used his usbtouch_drv.o file as provided (I did not recompile it myself) and it worked fine against my custom-compiled kernel. It is critical that the evdev module gets loaded, or the display manager will just hang in a bad way. I just made a semi-educated guess with that modules.conf line, but it seems to work so I'm not complaining. The calibration numbers provided above (MinX, etc..) are from Chris Bare but they work just fine on my machine.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Microsoft geeft je een raam, Linux geeft je een heel huis :D

Offline Hanssun

• Lid
Touch screen
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 2008/07/26, 20:08:09 »
Knippenberg en Gandyman , bedanktvoor jullie tip ik ga hier eens wat meer over  lezen.

Gr Hans,