Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: Installeren van Smart Notebook van Smarttech  (gelezen 1404 keer)

Offline @Reggie

• Lid
Installeren van Smart Notebook van Smarttech
« Gepost op: 2014/11/18, 14:33:48 »
Ik werk met Lubuntu 14, en ik wil de complete software pakket van Smart Notebook installeren, lokaal, op de pc. Wie kan en wil mij hierbij helpen? Het installeren gaat niet standaard door alleen op het .deb bestand te klikken. Het handboek hoe de installatie moet gaan kun je vinden via deze link, Hoofdstuk 2.
https://www.smarttech.com/us/Support/Browse+Support/Download+Software/Software/SMART+Notebook+collaborative+learning+software/Previous+versions/SMART+Notebook+11+software+for+Linux

Hoe kan ik er achter komen of de volgende pakketten geïnstalleerd zijn?

Handleiding van Notebook zegt: Ensure that the pakages dpkg, dpkg-dev, dpkg-deb and  binutils are installed. You also need GPG, md5sum, sha1sum, sha256sum and utilities like sed, cut and tr.

Zijn er mensen die ervaring hebben met Smart Notebook in Linux?

Offline redmar

• Vertaalteam
Re: Installeren van Smart Notebook van Smarttech
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2014/11/18, 15:09:35 »
Alle pakketten die je noemt zijn standaard aanwezig in ubuntu, en daarnaast juist het doel van een .deb pakket om aan te geven welke andere software nodig is, zodat de gebruiker dit niet met de hand hoeft te doen. Probeer het .deb bestand gewoon te installeren door er op te klikken of via sudo dpkg -i pakketnaam.deb, en plaats de exacte foutmelding die je krijgt hier zodat we weten wat er mis gaat.

Offline @Reggie

• Lid
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 2014/11/25, 12:46:45 »
Een voorbeeld:
ict@Complok1:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i smart-notebook_11.0.379.1-1_i386.deb
[sudo] password for ict:
dpkg: error processing archive smart-notebook_11.0.379.1-1_i386.deb (--install):
 kan archief niet benaderen: Bestand of map bestaat niet
Fouten gevonden tijdens behandelen van:
 smart-notebook_11.0.379.1-1_i386.deb
ict@Complok1:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i smart-notebook_11.0.379.0-1_i386.deb
Selecting previously unselected package smart-notebook.
(Database inlezen ... 227961 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack smart-notebook_11.0.379.0-1_i386.deb ...
Unpacking smart-notebook (11.0.379.0-1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of smart-notebook:
 smart-notebook is afhankelijk van smart-activation (>= 1.1.1181.1-1); maar:
  Pakket `smart-activation' is niet geïnstalleerd.
 smart-notebook is afhankelijk van libudev0 (>= 151-12.3); maar:
  Pakket `libudev0' is niet geïnstalleerd.

dpkg: error processing package smart-notebook (--install):
 vereistenproblemen - blijft ongeconfigureerd
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.13-1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.6.7.1-1ubuntu1) ...
Fouten gevonden tijdens behandelen van:
 smart-notebook

Dan probeer je de andere pakketten te installeren, en krijg je daar weer meldingen dat bepaalds pakketten nog niet geïnstalleerd zijn.

Dubbelklik je op een .deb file dan krijg je uiteindelijk de volgende melding bij status:
Fout: Afhankelijkheid is niet vervulbaar: smart-activation (>=1.1.1181.1-1)

Offline @Reggie

• Lid
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 2014/11/25, 12:54:01 »
Dit staat in het "Readme" Bestand.

THE SHORT STORY:
================

This archive contains debian installation packages for SMART Notebook Software and SMART Product Drivers, and a customization template file.

To prepare the packages for use, you will have to go through the following steps, which are explained in detail in THE LONG STORY below:

- verify the integrity of the files you received;
- obtain a product key, either online from SMART or from your vendor channel;
- select a master signing key to use for signing the relevant data with gpg (these first three steps can happen in any order)
- edit the customization template file to insert your product key, your gpg key ID, to select the content galleries you wish, etc
- execute the automated procedure which merges the customization information into the packages

THE LONG STORY:
===============

In order to activate your software for a silent remote deployment and also in order to customize the installation, you must edit the customization file named "customization" before you install the software.

The installation data can be shipped in two forms: package set or debian archive

0. Prerequisites:
+++++++++++++++++

Ensure the packages dpkg, dpkg-dev, dpkg-deb, dpkg-sig and binutils are installed. You will also need gpg, md5sum, sha1sum, sha256sum and things like sed, cut and tr.

1. Method 1: Installing a Package Set
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You will receive an archive named SMART_software_deb_files.tar.gz containing the following:

1.1 Debian package files named:

smart-common_<version>_i386.deb
smart-hwr_<version>_i386.deb
smart-languagesetup_<version>_i386.deb
smart-activation_<version>_i386.deb
smart-gallerysetup_<version>_i386.deb
smart-notebook_<version>_i386.deb
smart-product-drivers_<version>_i386.deb
nwfermi-<version>_i386.deb

1.2 Corresponding integrity information files named smart-common_i386_sha256sum.asc (and so on)

1.3 A file named swbuild.asc containing the public key we use as the archive signing key.
    Our key ID is 7DD63D3B and the fingerprint is
    2907 DB4C CC5D 44D8 3694  5F8A BB8D 4237 7DD6 3D3B

A script named validate.sh

A customization file named "customization"

A script named customize.sh

This README file

1.4 In order to verify the integrity of the packages, keeping all these files in the current working directory, do this:
1.4.1: import the key from swbuild.asc to gpg and find the fingerprint;
1.4.2: confirm the fingerprint with SMART or your vendor channel;
1.4.3: sign the key with your own ultimately trusted key;
1.4.4: execute the command "./validate.sh files" in order to verify the integrity of the package files you have received, and check the output;

1.5 Once the packages are verified, you will first edit the customization file. It contains script variables which are explained by the comments that precede them. For a remote silent mass deployment it is necessary to insert the product key obtained from SMART or your vendor channel. You may also wish to select which gallery components you wish to make available

1.6 When the customization file is modified appropriately, you will execute "./customize.sh files" which will modify all the .deb package files by inserting the contents of the customization file into the maintainer scripts of each package. At this point the .asc integrity files are remade and they are signed with the key specified on the SMART_ARCHIVE_KEY line, in the customization file. If SMART_ARCHIVE_KEY is not set, the current user's default key will be used for signing.

1.7 Once the packages have been customized, they can be installed with "dpkg -i" or inserted into your particular deployment framework.

2. Method 2: Installing a Debian Archive
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You will receive an archive named SMART_software_deb_repo.tar.gz containing the following:

2.1 A linear directory tree which looks like:
dists -> stable -> non-free -> binary-i386

The last directory, binary-i386, will contain debian package files named:

smart-common_<version>_i386.deb
smart-hwr_<version>_i386.deb
smart-languagesetup_<version>_i386.deb
smart-activation_<version>_i386.deb
smart-gallerysetup_<version>_i386.deb
smart-notebook_<version>_i386.deb
smart-product-drivers_<version>_i386.deb

Also, the stable and binary-i386 directories will contain debian archive metadata. Note that the customization script provided will reconstruct part of this metadata after modifying the packages themselves.

2.2 A file named swbuild.asc containing the public key that signed the .asc files.
    You should also be able to import this key directly from the key servers.
    Our key ID is 7DD63D3B and the fingerprint is
    2907 DB4C CC5D 44D8 3694  5F8A BB8D 4237 7DD6 3D3B

A script named validate.sh

A customization file named "customization"

A script named customize.sh

This README file

2.3 In order to verify the integrity of the packages, keeping all these files in the current working directory, do this:
2.3.1: import the key from swbuild.asc to gpg and find the fingerprint;
2.3.2: confirm the fingerprint with SMART or your vendor channel;
2.3.3: sign the key with your own ultimately trusted key
2.3.4: execute the command "./validate.sh archive" in order to verify the integrity of the package files you have received, and check the output; if you wish to follow the validation process you can use the command "bash -x validate.sh archive" ; the following is an overview of that process:

2.3.4.1: cd to dists/stable

2.3.4.2: check the Release file with the command:

gpg --verify Release.gpg Release

2.3.4.3: check the Packages metadata files under binary-i386 thus:

cat Release|tr -s ' ' |cut -d' ' --fields=2,4 |sed 's% %  %' > t
sha256sum -c t

This will check the non-free/binary-i386/Packages.* files

2.3.4.4: cd to non-free/binary-i386

2.3.4.5: check the actual package files using the Packages file, thus:

grep MD5sum Packages > a
dpkg-scanpackages   .   ../../smart.override   |grep MD5sum > b
diff a b

There should be no difference; the last command should produce no output. If a line differs, then that line identifies a corrupt package file. Find that line in the Packages file, on a line that begins with MD5sum, and, two lines above it, the line that begins with Filename names the corrupt package file. The script displays the names of packages discovered in this way.

2.3.4.6: verify the signature of each package file with the command:

dpkg-sig --verify <package file name>

2.4 Once the packages are verified, you will first edit the customization file placed outside dists. It contains script variables which are explained by the comments that precede them. For a remote silent mass deployment it is necessary to insert the software product key obtained from SMART or from your vendor channel. You may also wish to select which gallery components you wish to make available. Your own archive key ID is needed for re-signing the main Release file, and should be assigned to SMART_ARCHIVE_KEY.

2.5 When the customization file is modified appropriately, you will execute "./customize.sh archive" which will modify all the .deb package files by inserting the contents of the customization file into the maintainer scripts of each package. Then it will rebuild the archive metadata, recompute the integrity checksums and sign the main Release file. The new Release file should be signed with your own archive key rather than ours. For that, you must edit the SMART_ARCHIVE_KEY line in the customization file and place your key ID there. If SMART_ARCHIVE_KEY is not set, the current user's default key will be used for signing.

2.6 Once the packages have been customized and the debian archive rebuilt, it can be copied in its entirety into the desired place in the document tree of your web server. Then, before the packages are available for installation with "apt-get install", you must do the following, once, on each target machine:

2.6.1. add a one-line source file under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ to identify the archive. The line should look like

deb http://webservername/ubuntu/ stable non-free
(where "ubuntu" stands for the directory into which you have copied  "dists", in the document tree of the web server)
NOTE that, if you cannot or will not use a web server, you may also use the "file:" protocol as in
deb file:/home/swbuild/ubuntu/   stable non-free

2.6.2. execute apt-get update
2.6.2.1 In Synaptic, you would go to Settings/Repositories, select the "Third Party Software" tab, click on Add and enter the above line. Then hit the "Reload" button on the toolbar. The new source line will be added at the end of /etc/apt/sources.list.
2.6.3. before doing apt-get update for the first time, you will need to import our public key into the apt key database, thus:
wget http://webservername/ubuntu/dists/swbuild.asc
apt-key add swbuild.asc

3. Customization
++++++++++++++++

You can customize the installation as follows:
- provide the SMART Notebook product key for automatic activation
- install SMART Notebook Software or SMART Product Drivers or both
- disable the autostart of SMART Board Service and SMART Board Tools
- customize the installation of Gallery Essentials:
- select individual gallery categories
- install the gallery from predownloaded source
- install the gallery in a customized location
- register a previously installed gallery, for example, a gallery on a shared network
- register team content
- select your own source URL for downloading gallery content

3.1 The last feature, setting up gallery content on your own web server as a download source, was added upon request and is documented in the following paragraphs.
We will assume that your web site is  http://myweb.company.com and that the document root of your server is /var/www and the gallery data will be in /var/www/efe, accessed as http://myweb.company.com/efe.

3.1.1. To get the gallery data in the right place it must be downloaded from SMART (at least initially). Here is how to do it simply:
3.1.1.1. Make the directory to receive the data (/var/www/efe).
3.1.1.2. Install the packages in the default location with their default gallery source URL (which is currently http://downloads01.smarttech.com/software/efe/)
3.1.1.3. Download the data to its intended location with the following command:
/opt/SMART Technologies/Gallery Setup/bin/GallerySetup \
--downloadall \
--destination    /var/www/efe \
--configuration  /opt/SMART Technologies/Gallery Setup/share/SMARTEssentials.gallerycollection
3.1.1.4. When this is done, point a browser at your web server and check that you see a long list of files ending in .gallery or in .zip

3.1.2. To make use of your new download source you will customize the packages accordingly. In the customization file, edit the following line as follows, making sure it is not commented:

export CONTENT_LOCAL_URL=http://myweb.company.com/efe

Then add your other customizations, execute customize.sh and install the customized packages. While "Setting up smart-notebook", a message like the following will indicate your web server connection is checked:

Checking connection to: http://myweb.company.com/efe
Check succeeded

and then you will see the selected gallery components being downloaded and installed.

3.1.3. To revert to the original download source which came built into the software, simply comment out the CONTENT_LOCAL_URL line and run customize.sh again.

4. Dependencies
+++++++++++++++

The two main packages are smart-product-drivers and smart-notebook; the other five are their dependencies.

smart-notebook_<version>_i386.deb:
Main SMART Notebook package.
Dependencies:
smart-common
smart-hwr
smart-languagesetup
smart-activation
smart-gallerysetup

smart-product-drivers_<version>_i386.deb:
Main SMART Product Drivers package.
Dependencies:
smart-common
smart-hwr
smart-languagesetup

SB480 Drivers package.

5. Installation
+++++++++++++++

For package sets you can use "dpkg --install", for example:

dpkg --install smart-common_10.2.286.0-1_i386.deb

For archives accessed over a network you can use "apt-get install", for example:

apt-get install smart-common

Note that whenever changes are made to the online archive, "apt-get update" should be run on the target machines.
Also note that apt-get installs dependencies, so that running, for example:

apt-get install smart-product-drivers smart-notebook nwfermi

will actually install all packages

The following environment variables can be set in order to follow what the installation does (they are intended for use with dpkg):

5.1 Logging: setting DEB_MAINTAINER_LOG to some value, and also DEB_MAINTAINER_LOGPATH to the desired path, will cause the maintainer scripts in the packages to log the installation and uninstallation events to a file named smart_debian_install.log under the specified path.

5.2 Tracing: setting DEB_DEBUG_SCRIPTS to some value before installing or uninstalling will cause the package scripts to be executed with "set -x" with the usual screen output.

5.3 Bypassing package scripts: If the scripts fail so severely that they will let you neither completely install nor uninstall, they can be bypassed. Bypassing while purging enables one to remove the package, thus:
env DEB_MAINTAINER_NOSCRIPTS=1  dpkg --purge  smart-common

6. Uninstallation
+++++++++++++++++

The software is installed into /opt/SMART Technologies. Other files will be placed in /etc/xdg, /etc/udev/rules.d, /usr/share (doc, man/man1, icons/hicolor, pixmaps/hicolor, applnk, mimelnk/application),  /usr/local/share/applications and $HOME/.config

Most files are removed by the usual package removal process.

The following files are left behind after uninstallation:

6.1 global configuration files:

/etc/xdg/SMART Technologies/*.conf
/etc/xdg/SMART Technologies.conf

6.2 activation data:

/opt/SMART Technologies/common/data/.mp.1.1.dat
/opt/SMART Technologies/common/data/.vp.1.1.dat

Mime xml files wherever they are installed.

Files created in the current user's home under $HOME/.config
« Laatst bewerkt op: 2014/11/25, 14:20:04 door Ron »

Offline PKing

• Lid
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 2014/11/25, 13:05:09 »
Wat betreft .deb files.
Ik gebruik Gdebi als grafische interface voor deb files.
Wanneer de .deb niet installeert geeft die interface meestal aan waarom niet (afhankelijkheden).
Die zoek ik dan op in synaptic, en installeer ze net zo lang tot de .deb wel installeert.

Het zal wel een beetje simpel zijn, maar het werkt meestal.
Hoofdmachine AMD t1055 6core 8gb mem 1333DDR3 Xubuntu 18.04 64bit/HP SFF desktop Windows 10 Pro/Acer aspire 5310(T7600 CPU) 2GB Xubuntu 18.04

Offline @Reggie

• Lid
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 2014/11/25, 13:45:05 »
@Pking, dank voor je tip.
Ik ben inderdaad nu wel veel verder gekomen maar nog een drietal .deb files moeten nog geïnstalleerd worden. Die vragen om een "libudev0" bestand, die ik niet kan vinden.

Dus status is dan: Fout: Afhankelijkheid is niet vervulbaar: libudev0 (>=151-12.3)

Als ik deze via de terminal wil installeren krijg ik dit te zien:

ict@Complok1:~$ sudo apt-get install libudev0
Pakketlijsten worden ingelezen... Klaar
Boom van vereisten wordt opgebouwd       
De status informatie wordt gelezen... Klaar
Pakket libudev0 is niet beschikbaar, maar er wordt naar verwezen door
een ander pakket. Dit kan betekenen dat het pakket ontbreekt,
verouderd is, of alleen via een andere bron beschikbaar is
« Laatst bewerkt op: 2014/11/25, 14:15:04 door @Reggie »

Offline PKing

• Lid
« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 2014/11/25, 14:11:44 »
Heb je gezocht in synaptic op die naam eventueel zonder 0 erachter?
Hoofdmachine AMD t1055 6core 8gb mem 1333DDR3 Xubuntu 18.04 64bit/HP SFF desktop Windows 10 Pro/Acer aspire 5310(T7600 CPU) 2GB Xubuntu 18.04

Offline @Reggie

• Lid
« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 2014/12/09, 12:03:11 »
Ik heb met Synaptec pakketbeheer gezocht op libudev. Dan zie ik een lijstje met daartussen, Libudev1 (geïnstalleerd) en libudev-dev (niet geïnstalleerd). Ik heb die laatste maar voor de zekerheid ook geinstalleerd, maar mag niet baten. Logisch ook wel, want het .deb installatiebestand wiltt libudev0, maar libudev1 is geïnstalleerd.

Offline PKing

• Lid
« Reactie #8 Gepost op: 2014/12/09, 14:19:37 »
Ik heb wat gegoogled ik weet niet of het juist is maar kijk hier eens:

https://packages.debian.org/nl/wheezy/i386/libudev0/download

Offline @Reggie

• Lid
« Reactie #9 Gepost op: 2014/12/16, 12:10:41 »
@PKing, dank voor je link! Het is me gelukt via Synaptec het bestand te installeren. Systeem opnieuw opgestart, en de deb. files heb ik kunnen installeren! Daarna nogmaals systeem opnieuw opgestart, Smart Notebook opgestart, maar het systeem geeft aan dat er een system problem detected, en Er is in Ubuntu 14.04 helaas een interne fout opgetreden.

Nu heb ik nogal wat gerommeld met het systeem, dus ik ga bij de volgende poging eerst het systeem opnieuw installeren, en daarna de nog eens proberen Smart Notebook te installeren.
Het was me wel gelukt Smart Notebook te installeren op Lubuntu 12. ... een oudere versie.

Ik laat nog weten of de Smart Notebook  installatie op Lubuntu 14 schoon is gelukt.

Offline PKing

• Lid
« Reactie #10 Gepost op: 2014/12/16, 12:19:42 »
We wachten het even af....