Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: Upgrade xp naar Vista icm dualboot Ubuntu 8.04  (gelezen 2316 keer)

Offline Joop2

• Lid
Upgrade xp naar Vista icm dualboot Ubuntu 8.04
« Gepost op: 2008/09/19, 11:00:01 »
Ik draai XP en Ubuntu 8.04 in dualboot met GRUB als bootloader.

Kan ik XP nu upgraden naar Vista zonder problemen?
Ik kan er namelijk niet echt veel over vinden...

Thanx alvast!
“Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow.”

louchewidlin

• Gast
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2008/09/19, 11:15:12 »
Stap gewoon helemaal over naar Linux en laat vista links liggen. Tenzij je het natuur niet legaal hebt :)

« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 2008/09/19, 11:15:48 »
Je kan veel beter XP behouden, dan kan je meer doen op je pc dan met vista.
en de home versie van vista is helemaal waardeloos die is nog minder dan XP.

Commentaar van iemand van MS zelf die de software geschreven heeft.
Met een hele lange lijst van software die ingebakken zit in vista om ervoor te zorgen dat je een boel dingen niet meer kan doen...

#############################

Steve/Dev/Vista :

Before I begin let me explain something from my post you will see I'm not just the usual joey posting i am someone who has worked very hard on this new OS and I am here to explain to you why it is so utter crap and why their is so many problems with vista.

Someone above posted they concentrated to much on Hollywood and you hit the nail on the head there.
in fact ALL the time didn't go into creating the OS for users to use as an OS it was about 5% created for that and 95% created as a vending machine.

Below what WE spent years working on (Not for the users benifit either... it was DRM for company's.
I really hate this OS with a passion because of what your about to find out below.
-------------------------------------------------

Without all this below the OS would be 100% working for every single user out there and 10x as quick, Microsoft did not create Vista to be user friendly at all, nor was the time put into it to give the user a great experience nor was the last 5 or so years spent making it great experience it was spent working on RESTRICTING YOU in the future when everyone fell into the vista trap and enough people was sucked in MS would then start activating hidden parts of the OS to Restrict everything you do with your Computer:

PVP-OPM
Protected Video Path - Output Protection Management (PVP-OPM) makes sure that the PC's video outputs have the required protection or that they are turned off if such protection is not available.
PVP-UAB
Protected Video Path - User-Accessible Bus (PVP-UAB) provides encryption of premium content as it passes over the PCI Express (PCIe) bus to the graphics adapter. This is required when the content owner’s policy regards the PCIe bus as a user-accessible bus.
PUMA
Protected User Mode Audio (PUMA) is the new User Mode Audio (UMA) engine in the Windows Vista Protected Environment that provides a safer environment for audio playback, as well as checking that the enabled outputs are consistent with what the content allows.
PAP
Protected Audio Path (PAP) is a future initiative, under investigation for how to provide encryption of audio over user accessible buses.

PVP-OPM: Protected Video Path – Output Protection Management

Output Protection Management capability on all board outputs—at a minimum, provide the ability to turn off every output.

HDCP protection for DVI and HDMI outputs and Macrovision and CGMS-A protection on analog TV-out outputs. Otherwise, outputs will be turned off by the PVP-OPM software.

PVP-OPM Initialization Sequence
The Windows Vista PVP-OPM software determines whether to allow premium content to play, based on the state of the outputs as reported by the Output Protection Management mechanism and other factors.

HDCP is the Intel protection scheme for DVI and HDMI, and has been approved by the content industry. Implementations of HDCP need to conform to the Intel specification and must be licensed.

PVP-UAB: Protected Video Path – User-Accessible Bus

PVP-UAB is designed to protect video samples from unauthorized access as they pass over a user-accessible bus. Some content owners regard the PCIe bus as a user-accessible bus. PVP-UAB is not needed for integrated graphics, because there is no PCIe bus to the graphics, but it is likely to be necessary for allowing discrete graphics cards to meet the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray DVD requirements, and 5C DTCP requirements.

Aside from the Virtual Audio Server (VAS) receiving component, the PUMA architecture includes three protection-related component types of interest:
Virtual Protected Output (VPO) module
Protected Output Controller (POC)
Output Encryption Audio Processing Object (APO)

Protected Audio Path: PAP
The final project to discuss in relation to Windows Vista output content protection is PAP. This is a long-term initiative, many years after PUMA, that may seek to add extra audio protection capabilities that could become useful.
PAP is analogous to PVP-UAB in that it would likely add content encryption capabilities. As with PVP-UAB, it would also need to do robust hardware authentication and would need to establish a key.

AACS Advanced Access Control System
AEC Automatic echo cancellation
AES Advanced Encryption Standard
APO Output Encryption Audio Processing Object
CE Consumer Electronics
COPP Certified Output Protection Protocol
DDI device driver interface
DTCP Digital Transmission Content Protection
DVI Digital Visual Interface
DXVA Microsoft DirectX Video Acceleration
EVR enhanced video renderer
LFSR Linear-Feedback Shift Register
HD High Definition
HDCP High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface
HFS Hardware Functionality Scan
ITA Input Trust Authority
KSV Key Selection Vector
LDDM Longhorn Display Driver Model
MIG Media Interoperability Gateway
OMAC One-Key Cipher Block Chaining Message Authentication Code
OTA Output Trust Authority
PAP Protected Audio Path
PCIe PCI Express
POC Protected Output Controller
PUMA Protected User Mode Audio
PVP Protected Video Path
PVP-OPM Protected Video Path - Output Protection Management
PVP-UAB Protected Video Path - user-accessible bus
RSA Rivest-Shamir-Adleman
SAP Secure Audio Path
Scart Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs
SCMS Serial Copying Management System
S/PDIF Sony/Philips Digital Interchange Format
SRM System Renewability Messages
UMA User Mode Audio
VAS Virtual Audio Server
VPO Virtual Protected Output
WM Windows Media

There you go people their is what is incl in YOUR New OS That you are all PAYING for lol

You are basically paying to have all this come active in the future when enough people are roped into vista,

good luck paying for an OS that is created purley to restrict everything you do and will do in future also just think did you wake up this morning and say to yourself

"hmm i want to be-able to do less with my PC today than i did yesterday"

Wake up People before it's too late.

Steve/Dev

Posted by Steve/Dev/Vista | March 19, 2008 11:59 PM
##################
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Microsoft geeft je een raam, Linux geeft je een heel huis :D

Offline peter10

• Lid
    • Mijn Hyve
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 2008/09/19, 11:34:59 »
Och, valt nog wel mee eigenlijk ;).

Wat die niet-computer kenners van het Apple volk meemaken is volgens mij erger. Daar mag je niet eens je eigen hardware kiezen (naast alle softwarematige beperkingen enzo die er volgens mij in zitten), en ff een gigabyte'je extra geheugen kost (als je het via Apple regelt) al gauw honderd euro. En dat is dan (volgens geheugenfabrikant Crucial) single-channel (!) DDR2-800 geheugen met Latency-waardes van 6 of hoger. En voor een paar tientjes (i.p.v. die astronomische bedragen) fatsoenlijk geheugen erin zetten zit natuurlijk niet bij, terwijl die moderne Intel Macs (met Core 2 Duo's) dat eigenlijk wel nodig hebben.

Nu weer on-topic: Zolang programma's die je niet gebruikt geen Vista vereisen, zou ik gewoon XP blijven gebruiken als ik u was. Vista is echt keiduur , maar levert eigenlijk geen voordelen. Terwijl XP voor Ubuntero's als wij ook nog eens stukken relaxter is dan Vista.

Offline Joop2

• Lid
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 2008/09/19, 12:50:03 »
Zowel XP als Vista (Ultimate) zijn niet compleet legaal zeg maar. ;)

Vind Vista er net een stuk beter uit zien als XP, voor de dingen die ik er mee doe mag Vista ook geen problemen geven.
T draait sinds service pack 1 kennelijk ook een stuk beter.
T is meer voor de fun, ik gebruik zelf voor t grootste gedeelte Ubuntu...

Is het ook mogelijk om met de bootmanager van MS Ubuntu op te starten trouwens?

Offline Joop2

• Lid
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 2008/09/22, 09:39:30 »
Ik heb het uiteindelijk voor elkaar gekregen.
Heb het wel met een clean install van Vista gedaan (geen upgrade dus)

Voor diegene die er ook in is geinteresseerd, hier een tutorial die ook uitlegd hoe en wat met de bootmanager:

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vista_with_linux_linux_is_already_installed.htm?page=1

Offline Dave

• Lid
« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 2008/09/22, 09:49:02 »
nee bedankt.
XP zal ook nog langer ondersteund worden dus vrij zinloos om over te stappen of het moet toevallig al op de nieuwe aankoop zitten. (en dan nog...)
Ook zonde van al het verkwiste computerkracht en geheugen.