Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: Tutorial : Restore the Windows bootloader to MBR after dual-booting with Linux  (gelezen 3490 keer)

Citaat
If you are reading this, you have likely attempted or actually set up a dual-boot system between your favorite Linux distribution and Windows. And if you did that on a computer with a single hard drive, that is, dual-booting Windows and Linux alongside each other, you probably replaced the Windows boot loader with GRUB, the Linux boot loader, in the Master Boot Record (MBR).

Though that is not what I recommend, many still prefer it that way, even as I have written in many of my dual-boot tutorials that Windows will, during a reinstall, overwrite anything it finds in the MBR, and that some anti-virus programs tend to write small files to the MBR, messing up GRUB.

For the record, my recommendation is to install the Linux boot loader, not in the MBR, but in the Linux installation’s boot partition, or the main partition, if /boot is not on a separate partition. This gives the Windows boot manager the main responsibility of presenting what operating system to boot into during a restart or reboot.

That way, if you have to reinstall Windows, you will not lose access to the Linux side of the dual-boot system. If you installed the Linux boot loader to the MBR and want to restore the Windows boot loader, this short tutorial shows you how to do it. It is an easy, point-and-click process. And the application that makes it that easy is called EasyBCD, a free-for-personal-use application from Neosmart Technologies.
http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2012/03/10/restore-the-windows-bootloader-to-mbr-after-dual-booting-with-linux/
 ;)

Offline TopGear

• Forumteam
In de link die jan11000 geeft, is het inderdaad ook beschreven door een ander forum lid, maar dit mag ook.
« Laatst bewerkt op: 2012/03/11, 18:58:04 door TopGear »