Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: Toshiba Tecra A2  (gelezen 3535 keer)

Toshiba Tecra A2
« Gepost op: 2011/02/04, 13:38:52 »
Via de buurtvereniging heeft een vriend van mij een laptop gekocht. Hier staat een (BIOS) wachtwoord op. Deze is niet bekend. Mij is gevraagd om dit wachtwoord te resetten. De helpdesk van Toshiba kan me daar niet mee helpen. Heeft iemand een idee? Via internet verschillende dingen geprobeerd, maar geen resultaat. Het is een legaal ding, dus niet gestolen of zo.

Re: Toshiba Tecra A2
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2011/02/04, 19:26:48 »
Vooruit ik geloof je op je blauwe ogen. ;)
Toshiba Tecra A2 bios reset
Anon (not verified)
on
April 11, 2008 - 9:42am

On the Toshiba Tecra A2, you will need to remove the keyboard, which is an easy process, to access 2 RESET pins.
You remove the top bezel (which just pops off with some gentle prying) then remove 3 screws holding the keyboard in. When that is done, you pop the keyboard out, then you have to remove a cover plate (2 screws hold it) that protects the motherboard from the underside of the keyboard.
Under that plate, near where the keyboard ribbon plugs into the motherboard, you will see two white squares with solder in the middle of each of them. Beside and under those, you will see the word RESET silk screened with an arrow pointing to one of those white boxes.
These are the two "pins" that need to be closed (jumpered) in order to reset the BIOS password.
Doing this with the battery and power plug removed, won't work. You need to have power to close the circuit. When I did mine the first time, I did so with no power at all, but it did not work, so I ended up taking the whole thing apart to see if there was anything else I could see that would indicate a reset. It turns out that there was another silk screened "reset" hidden on the backside of the motherboard, but jumping that didn't work either.

So anyway, the second time after putting it back together, I closed the pins using a small flat-head screw driver and held it closed while hitting the power button. Powering it on doesn't turn on the computer when the pins are closed, but it DID reset the BIOS password. This is exactly the same procedure that you would use doing a BIOS reset on a desktop computer.

Close everything back up and enjoy.

I won't take responsibility for any content found in this article that may be used to damage or brick your laptop. Use at your OWN RISK. This is simply what I did with my Toshiba Tecra A2 that allowed me to boot up normally and get into the BIOS after being locked out by the BIOS password.
It worked for me, I can't say that it will for you!
Van http://kerneltrap.org/node/6918?page=5

In der Beschränkung zeigt sich der Meister.

« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 2011/02/04, 19:48:49 »
Prince Ace,

Het eenvoudigst is er achter te komen van die laptop was en wat het wachtwoord is.

De accu en de bios-accu loskoppellen geeft meestal geen resultaat.

Probeer het eens met cmospwd -> http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/CmosPwd
Of het lukt... Niet dat ik weet.
Ben eerder bang dat je de laptop naar de eeuwige jachtvelden gaat brengen -> http://www.buzzard.me.uk/toshiba/passwords.html

Succes.
MvG,
MauRice
Registered Linux user: 473556

« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 2011/02/12, 14:26:11 »
Ik heb net een andere disk geprobeerd maar de laptop vraagt nog steeds om een wachtwoord. Hieruit concludeer ik dat het gaat om een BIOS wachtwoord. Ik heb een vriend van me gevraagd om bovenstaande tekst te kunnen vertalen in begrijpbaar Nederlands. Als dat gebeurt is ga ik er mee verder. IK hou dit topic bij. Thx.

Offline emiel1976

• Lid
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 2011/02/12, 15:13:43 »
reset van je bios zal wel werken.
heb het meerdere malen gedaan na ik zelf mijn wachtwoord was vergeten :-[
toen maar over gestapt op 4 wachtwoorden in plaats van ieder systeem zijn eigen wachtwoord.

« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 2011/02/12, 17:27:49 »
Aanvulling op mijn vorige post. En zo verwijder je het keyboard, http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Tecra-A2/notebook-disassembly-guide-2.htm plaatje 8 Haal het toetsenbord er voorzichtig uit, het zit met een fragiel lintkabeltje en stekertje vast. Dus geen geweld.
« Laatst bewerkt op: 2011/02/12, 17:30:18 door Gijsbert »
In der Beschränkung zeigt sich der Meister.

(Opgelost) Re: Toshiba Tecra A2
« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 2011/02/14, 19:41:29 »
Niet meer nodig, de eigenaar heeft afscheid genomen van de laptop. Dus niet opgelost, oplossing is te ingewikkeld voor een gemiddelde gebruiker.