Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: BBC-vraaggesprek met Linus Torvalds  (gelezen 480 keer)

Offline Pjotr

• Lid
    • Makkelijke Linuxtips
BBC-vraaggesprek met Linus Torvalds
« Gepost op: 2012/06/13, 11:19:50 »
Een interessant vraaggesprek met Linus Torvalds, door de BBC:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18419231

Een paar mooie citaten, zoals dit:
Citaat
I do not see open source as some big goody-goody "let's all sing kumbaya around the campfire and make the world a better place". No, open source only really works if everybody is contributing for their own selfish reasons.

Now, those selfish reasons by no means need to be about "financial reward", though.

The early "selfish" reasons to do Linux tended to be centred about just the pleasure of tinkering.

En dit:
Citaat
I have one of the oddest employment contracts you've ever heard of.

It's basically one paragraph talking about what I'm supposed to do - it basically boils down to the fact that everything I do has to be open source - and the rest of the contract is about all the ways that the company I work for cannot influence me.

En dit:
Citaat
"Trust" is not about some kind of absolute neutrality, or anything like that, but it's about a certain level of predictability and about knowing that you won't be shafted.

En tot slot deze uitsmijter:
Citaat
I (...) am not very social. Having a family doesn't seem to have made that character trait really any different.

I'll happily sit in front of the computer the whole day, and if the kids distract me when I'm in the middle of something, a certain amount of cursing might happen.

In other words: what could be seen as a socially debilitating failure of character can certainly work to your advantage too.

Mooi om te lezen. :)

Re: BBC-vraaggesprek met Linus Torvalds
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2012/06/13, 11:47:35 »
Ja tis in meer opzichten een man naar mijn hart.  =D
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Microsoft geeft je een raam, Linux geeft je een heel huis :D