Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: Ubuntu and planet ADSL  (gelezen 2027 keer)

manzo

• Gast
Ubuntu and planet ADSL
« Gepost op: 2007/01/30, 18:00:56 »
Hi,
I don't know dutch and so I write in english.
I'm just arrived in holland and I'm moving tomorrow in a new house, where there is a planet ADSL modem.

On my laptop I've got the last version of ubuntu.
I'm not a good linux-user, and I know that I'll have a lot of problems to get internet.

Could someone give me some instructions about how to install the interner connection?

Thank you in advance.

Manzo

belg

• Gast
Ubuntu and planet ADSL
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2007/01/30, 18:20:37 »
Well, I using planet adsl but....and that's a biggie.....not with a wireless modem. I guess you do on your laptop.

For me with a conventional modem ( speedtouch usb ) there's no configuration needed.

Well..if you do need some questions about wireless answered, you better check the english forums I guess

www.ubuntuforums.org

Offline Dave

• Lid
Ubuntu and planet ADSL
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 2007/01/30, 20:10:31 »
hier planet en adsl, speedtouch 510 én wireless als aanvulling dmv speedtouch180.

1e gebruik de cd gebruikt onder windows en nadien nooit meer wat aan ingesteld.
Dus als dat modem voorheen werkte niks aan doen.

maar ik denk dat het met de browser ook prima te doen zal zijn. in de handleiding staat het ip wel om in te loggen.
Klopt het wachtwoord niet meer dan resetten naar fabrieksinstelling.

blubber

• Gast
Ubuntu and planet ADSL
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 2007/01/30, 22:03:58 »
A wired connection should 'just work'. If Ubuntu properly supports the wireless capabilities of your laptop that shouldn't be too hard either. Unless you've got InternetPlusBellen :'( then periodically neither will work.

manzo

• Gast
Ubuntu and planet ADSL
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 2007/02/01, 08:44:56 »
I saw the modem.

It has an ethernet connection.

For the installation you think that I need only the data that the provider give me (name, password and phone numnebr) or I need some other (like DSN, IP and so on) ?

Thanks.

Manzo

blubber

• Gast
Ubuntu and planet ADSL
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 2007/02/01, 17:23:22 »
This will depend on what modem you've got. On the bottom of the modem it will say what model it is.: e.g ST510, ST580 etc. Here are their supported models: http://www.kpnadsl.nl/support/
If you have plain DSL you'll need to configure the modem through the webinterface either at 10.0.0.138 or 192.168.1.1. This indeed means to enter the data your provider got you. If you've got the DSL + VoIP thing it should automagically work. And then break a few times a week.

So as far as the PC is concerned, all you have to do is hook it up.