Nieuws:

Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.
Heb je de activerings-mail niet ontvangen?

Auteur Topic: OGG or MP3  (gelezen 2607 keer)

zarbazana

• Gast
OGG or MP3
« Gepost op: 2006/05/20, 01:35:06 »
well...first of all i know it's a dutch forum,but my writing skills are not sufficient enough, so if you don't mind i'll go in english.
how many of you has their entire cd collection ripped to ogg. and if you do - do you get around easily with this format. i guess what i mean is if you have no troubles finding in the netherlands portable players (generally known as mp3players), or home systems (dvd players and such) that can play this format?
i just got big enough harddisk and i was wondering which way to go....

thnx for your answers/advise

P.S. please feel free to answer me in dutch. luckily my reading skills are to the level greater then writing.

Offline Ruben

• Lid
OGG or MP3
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 2006/05/20, 10:23:25 »
Well, I'm not that into ripping of cd's, but I have no doubts that there is a mp3 ripper somewhere to get on the internet, maybe Grip will do the trick http://nostatic.org/grip/
I stick with the mp3 formats, because it's more easily to get in on mp3 players, mobile phones etc. But still, the choice is up to you.

Saamelainen

• Gast
OGG or MP3
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 2006/05/20, 11:26:18 »
Je kunt met het programma Soundconverter uit Synaptic ook achteraf allerlei formaten converteren naar wav, flac, mp3 en ogg vorbis. Van ogg kun je dus ook mp3 maken of andersom. :)

Offline zappa

• Lid
    • http://www.c3c.be
OGG or MP3
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 2006/05/20, 11:30:16 »
May I advice you KAudioCreator? You can rip directly in MP3. Most player use it.
The standard Ubuntu ripper uses the sound juicer cd extractor, in Ogg Vorbis since it is a better and completely free format. So if you have a player that support ogg, well don't hesitate :)

`GooZ

• Gast
OGG or MP3
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 2006/05/20, 11:37:09 »
Met grip lukt het inderdaad wel. Maar er ZIJN ook een heleboel draagbare muziekspelers die OGG ondersteunen, bijvoorbeeld die van iAudio of van Bequebe.

OGG or MP3
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 2006/05/20, 22:32:28 »
I know that mediamarkt and several other have OGG vorbis capable players, but they generally are a bit more expensive than the mp3-only ones.

`GooZ

• Gast
OGG or MP3
« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 2006/05/20, 22:38:12 »
Strange...didn't even notice I wrote that in Dutch :D
Translation: Grip should do the trick (I've tried it before to rip CD's to MP3). But you might consider buying a music player that is capable of playing OGG. Both iAudio and Bequebe have got players that support OGG. (and Bequebe isn't too expensive, either!)

spoofhound

• Gast
OGG or MP3
« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 2006/05/20, 23:41:59 »
Personally I use Soundjuicer to rip to ogg format. I have an iaudio device which gives great sound. There's no reason to be a slave to mp3, ogg is an excellent choice